The #BeingTheCEO Programme 2023, with Sir Steve Lancashire
We are delighted to confirm the eighth cohort of the #BeingTheCEO programme, a programme for aspirant and serving CEOs who are keen to further their development for and understanding of the CEO role, and find the time and space to reflect, guided by experts. The programme will run from January until July 2023.
The programme is led by Michael Pain, author of the seminal book, ‘Being The CEO’ and founder of Forum Strategy – a leading national consultancy supporting CEO learning and development; together with Sir Steve Lancashire, one of the country’s most experienced trust Chief Executives, having overseen a trust grow sustainably and successfully to more than sixty schools over the last decade. Previous contributors to the programme have also included Prof. Claudia Nagel, Dr. Peter Homa, and leading governance expert and author Patrick Dunne. Executive coaches include Prof. Toby Salt and others. The framework and template job description upon which the programme is based has been endorsed by the National Governance Association in November 2021.
Being The CEO is a truly independent programme, based on the input of leading thinkers and CEOs in the corporate, third-, and education sectors. The programme includes two residentials; online sessions with experts and peers; a study visit; extensive resources; and coaching and mentoring throughout. Each participant will receive three ‘one to one’ mentoring sessions with Sir Steve.
To apply to be a participant on the programme, please complete the form at the foot of this page. The deadline for applications is 30th November 2022 and successful applicants will be informed of their place by 10th December. Places are very limited.
The best CPD I’ve ever had as a leader and with such a fantastic group of people.
I would heartily recommend other CEOs taking part in the ‘Being The CEO’ course.
A superb course with input from extremely high calibre professionals – I cannot recommend this opportunity highly enough to colleague CEOs.
It has been the best CPD course I’ve ever been on. Thank you so much. The work you do is so valuable.
Resources and programme details
Resource example – interview with Sir Steve Lancashire on #BeingTheCEO
Michael Pain discusses the book, #BeingTheCEO with education sector leaders
Contributors to our programme resources and materials have included
Prof. Dr. Claudia Nagel
Ifti Majid, an NHS CEO
The 2023 cohort is strictly limited to twelve participants, and the application process involves completing a short application form. Dates involve two residentials in beautiful surroundings in the East Midlands; a study visit; three coaching sessions; three mentoring sessions with Sir Steve Lancashire; and online development sessions with experts and peers. Participants access a range of resources and materials. Topics covered include:
- Shaping your leadership narrative
- Building an effective relationship with your governing board; principles of highly effective governance
- The CEO as chief culture maker and talent officer – becoming an employer of choice in a changing world
- Leading operations and performance at scale
- Creating a culture that promotes sustainability and investment
- Building key external relationship and partnerships
- Residential; Shaping your leadership narrative and what it means to ‘be the CEO’. 8th/9th February 2023
- Online Residential; Building an effective relationship with your board / shaping your senior executive team and an employer of choice culture. 1st/2nd March 2023
- Study visit – enabling improvement at scale. 29th March 2023
- Residential; Creating the culture and capacity for organisational sustainability and viability. Building effective external partnerships for success. 17th/18th May 2023
- + 3 ‘one to one’ online executive coaching sessions with one of our team of executive coaches
- + 3 ‘one to one’ online mentoring sessions with Sir Steve Lancashire
The cost of the programme is £7950.00 plus VAT. Current members (as of the application deadline: December 2022) of Forum Strategy’s national CEO network receive a 10% reduction.
Apply to join us on the #BeingTheCEO programme
Complete the form below to be considered for this programme.