The #BeingTheCEO Programme 2022/23, with Sir Steve Lancashire
We are delighted to confirm the seventh cohort of the #BeingTheCEO programme, a programme for aspirant and serving CEOs who are keen to further their development and find the time and space to reflect, guided by experts. The programme will run from June 2022 until January 2023.
The programme is led by Michael Pain, author of the seminal book, ‘Being The CEO’ and founder of Forum Strategy – a leading national consultancy supporting CEO learning and development; together with Sir Steve Lancashire, of the country’s most experienced trust Chief Executives, having overseen a trust grow sustainably and successfully to more than sixty schools over the last decade. Previous contributors to the programme have also included Prof. Claudia Nagel, Dr. Peter Homa, and leading governance expert and author Patrick Dunne. Executive coaches include Prof. Toby Salt and others. The framework and template job description upon which the programme is based has been endorsed by the National Governance Association in November 2021.
Being The CEO is a truly independent programme, based on the input of leading thinkers and CEOs in the corporate, third-, and education sectors. The programme includes two residentials; extensive resources; and coaching and mentoring throughout. Each participant will receive three ‘one to one’ mentoring sessions with Sir Steve.
To apply, please complete the form below before 14th May 2022. Places are very limited.
The best CPD I’ve ever had as a leader and with such a fantastic group of people.
I would heartily recommend other CEOs taking part in the ‘Being The CEO’ course.
A superb course with input from extremely high calibre professionals – I cannot recommend this opportunity highly enough to colleague CEOs.
I wish I could do it all over again – I learnt so much.
Resources and programme details
Resource example – interview with Sir Steve Lancashire on #BeingTheCEO
Michael Pain discusses the book, #BeingTheCEO with education sector leaders
Contributors to our programme resources and materials have included
Prof. Dr. Claudia Nagel
Ifti Majid, an NHS CEO
The 2023 cohort is strictly limited to twelve participants, and the application process involves completing a short application form. Dates involve two residentials in beautiful surroundings in the East Midlands; three coaching sessions; three mentoring sessions with Sir Steve Lancashire; and three online sessions. Participants access a range of resources and materials. Topics covered include:
- Shaping your leadership narrative
- Building an effective relationship with your governing board; principles of highly effective governance
- The CEO as chief culture maker and talent officer – becoming an employer of choice in a changing world
- Leading operations and performance at scale
- Creating a culture that promotes sustainability and investment
- Building key external relationship and partnerships
- Residential; Shaping your leadership narrative and what it means to ‘be the CEO’. 28th (evening)/29th September 2022
- Online Residential; Building an effective relationship with your board / shaping your senior executive team and an employer of choice culture. 9th(evening)/10th November 2022
- Study visit – enabling improvement at scale. 24th November 2022
- Residential; Creating the culture and capacity for organisational sustainability and viability. Building effective external partnerships for success. 1st(evening)/2nd February 2023
- + 3 ‘one to one’ online executive coaching sessions with one of our team of executive coaches
- + 3 ‘one to one’ online mentoring sessions with Sir Steve Lancashire
The cost of the programme is £7950.00 plus VAT. Current members (as of June 2022) of Forum Strategy’s national CEO network receive a 10% reduction.
Apply to join us on the #BeingTheCEO programme
Complete the form below to be considered for this programme.