Who we are
Forum Education Limited (trading as Forum Strategy) is a strategy and membership organisation for Chief Executives and other executive leaders. Our website address is: https://www.forumstrategy.org/
Forum Education Limited takes the protection and careful handling of client and staff data very seriously. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and regularly review our privacy notice and policy.
We do not share personal data without our clients’ permission. We have strict protocols in place and will only share clients’ data with our partners or other members when we have sought and received a client’s express permission to do so first.
Forum Strategy uses a small number of applications in which to store client data, and these are set out below, with links to the relevant data handling statements of those companies and organisations. In agreeing to become a client/member and in agreeing to our General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) policy, you are consenting to us storing your data on those applications. The applications and platforms we use are common and ‘mainstream’ applications used by organisations across the UK, so are themselves required to meet all GDPR and data protection legislation.
What information we collect and why we have it
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Media – when uploading images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. You can check this by right clicking on the file, selecting Properties, and checking under the Details tab. To remove Exif data, click Remove Properties and Personal Information.
- Forms (contact, membership application, registration) – to allow us to contact you at your request and to undertake membership requests, we collect the following personal data: name, email telephone number, Trust name, Trust address
- Cookies – If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so you do not need to complete details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last one year. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Please see our specific Cookies Statement for more details.
To administer an effective service to you, we make use of the following applications. Each application has been checked to ensure compliance with UK data handling legislation and GDPR.
- Google Analytics – We use Google analytics purely for statistical analysis. We do not use any of this data to identify individual users. You can review Googles policies at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
- WPMUDev and Membership pro – these applications are used to manage the membership aspect to our website. Data handling policies for each can be found here: https://incsub.com/privacy-policy/ and https://envato.com/privacy/
- Survey Monkey & MailChimp – we use these applications to communicate with you and receive your feedback and views. Privacy policies for both can be found here https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy/ and https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Under the GDPR, the lawful bases we rely on for processing information collected through our website are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by emailing email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation
(c) We have a legitimate interest
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored within our website which benefits from several layers of security protection. Any information stored outside of the website will be password protected and only accessible to those within the company who require it and have access using a password.
We will retain your information only for as long as needed to provide a service to you. We will dispose of your information if it is no longer required to administer a service and / or if you contact us directly to request the deletion of your data.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com