Over the past few weeks, following the emergence of the COVID19 situation, Forum Strategy has been supporting and consulting CEOs of academy trusts nationwide, helping them to respond to the crisis, support one another, and prepare for what comes next.
One of our main concerns, once the dust begins to settle a little, is the health and wellbeing of our CEO members and their staff teams in the months ahead. Without happy and healthy leaders, teachers, operational and support staff, our schools will not be able to return to their best and be best placed to serve children and young people. The feedback from across our networks has strongly reinforced this and it is why we have set up a free wellbeing helpline with our partners at Schools Advisory Service for our CEOs over Easter.
#TrustLeaders Wellbeing Steering Group
Forum is delighted to announce – in partnership with Schools Advisory Service – a steering group which will meet online and fortnightly after Easter until at least mid-June to seek the views and feedback from our CEOs and their trusts on the particular pressures and anxieties they face, and how they are responding. The meetings will also be attended by DfE civil servants currently leading on school staff wellbeing policy. The purpose of the group is to ensure the sharing, capturing and dissemination of best practice across the system, as well as to ensure system leaders can inform and feedback to policymakers in ‘real time’.
The members of the group are
- Forum Strategy
- John Brady – Schools Advisory Service
- Liz Anderson – Djanogly Learning Trust
- Cathy Anwar – Summit Learning Trust
- Nick Blackburn – Lingfield Education Trust
- Karen Burns – Victorious Academy Trust
- John Camp – Compass Partnership
- Julie Deville – Extol Academy Trust
- Jayne Foster – Ethos Academy Trust
- Jo Heaton – Northern Lights Learning Trust
- Claire Madden – Lumen Christi Catholic MAC
- Bev Matthews – Minerva Learning Trust
- Wayne Norrie – Greenwood Academies Trust
- Claire Robins – Scholars Education Trust
- Helen Rowland – Focus-Trust
- Gary Wilkie – Learning in Harmony Trust
We would like to thank this small group of our #TrustLeaders members above for freely giving their time and expertise to this important area of work. The response from our members was incredible, and we have allocated places based on a range of criteria.
Forum Strategy will of course feedback on developments over the Summer, including sharing ideas and suggestions for improving staff wellbeing at both trust and school level during this unique situation.
Read the latest edition of #TrustLeaders magazine: https://www.forumstrategy.org/trustleaders-magazine-spring-2020/