We are pleased to share the second episode of Forum’s #TrustLeaders ‘In The Loop’ podcast (recorded on 7 December), chaired by Frank Norris, former CEO of the Co-op Academies Trust. Frank was joined by Sarah Ginns, Forum Strategy’s Research Manager.
The aim of this episode was to look back over the autumn term at some of the more significant developments; and also to look forward to the spring term.
Frank and Sarah discussed:
- The importance of autonomy for multi-academy trusts; and the importance of CEO networks in supporting CEOs to be confident to act on the options available to them.
- The ‘voice of the child’ in all this; and how best to ensure academy trusts are regularly seeking and hearing the views of the children and young people they serve.
- Celebrating the incredible flexibility and innovation of CEOs and their wider staff within the academy trust sector – really emphasised by their responses during the pandemic.
- The launch of the CEO Job Description, developed by Forum Strategy in partnership with the National Governance Association, with the aim to provide a clear foundation to the expectations of the role of CEO of an academy trust – based on the well-established ‘Being The CEO; framework.
- Where are the next generation of academy trust CEOs coming from, and what can be done to emphasise the many positive elements of the role, such that others are inspired to step up?