27th April 2020 – 9.30am – 12pm
Induction session for MAT trustees: the role and responsibilities of academy trustees and an introduction to the multi-academy trust landscape.
This session explores some of the fundamental aspects of the role of trustees and introduces new trustees to the MAT model. It covers:
- The Nolan principles of public life.
- The principles of effective governance.
- Key provisions of the academies financial handbook & the governance handbook (including an introduction to the ‘scheme of delegation’).
- The core components of successful governance in MATs.
- The concept of multi-academy trusts, including the opportunities & challenges associated with their successful and sustainable development.
- Case studies on both effective and poor examples of trust governance.
- The role of the Chair & the board’s relationship with the CEO.
This engaging and highly informative session – which is based on our own extensive research and case studies – can be provided for individual academy trust boards on request
The cost of this session is £125 plus VAT.To join, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd April 2020