The National Lottery Community Fund’s £100 million Climate Action Fund is currently open for applications. Up to £8 million is available to community projects across the UK that are focusing on the link between nature and climate.
Groups can apply for National Lottery funding of up to £1.5 million over two to five years to support place based and UK-wide partnerships that use nature to encourage more community-led climate action and help communities tackle climate change. The National Lottery Community Fund expects most projects to be funded between £300,000 and £500,000.
Development grants of £50,000 to £150,000 over 12 to 18 months are also available for those communities wanting to develop initial ideas.
National Lottery Community Fund is interested in projects that can do at least one of the following:
- show how creating a deeper connection with nature will lead to changing people’s behaviours and greater care for the environment
- show how by bringing nature back into the places we live and work, we can help communities to reduce or adapt to the impacts of climate change.
It is anticipated that 12 – 15 projects will be funded.
Applications will be accepted from:
- local partnerships
- UK-wide partnerships which are delivered across at least two UK countries (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales).
Community partnerships can be led by one of the following types of organisation:
- constituted group or club
- voluntary or community organisation
- registered charity
- charitable incorporated organisation (SCIO/CIO)
- community interest company (CIC)
- not-for-profit company limited by guarantee – applicants must be a registered charity or have a not-for-profit ‘asset lock’ clause in your articles of association
- school, college, university (providing the project benefits and involves the wider local communities)
- statutory body (including, town, parish and community council)
- community benefit society.
To get more information about this funding, you can attend an online event. Please use the link below for further information.
To register for one of these events, email ClimateActionFund@tnlcommunityfund.org.uk.
Deadline: applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis.